6.7.05

What?...

Oh no, I'm becoming a posting machine! Two posts in two days... Well... Whatever, let's go to the post.



First of all, I am an atheist, so nep, I'm not afraid to go to hell for blasphemy. And this is a critic to an architectonic piece of artwork... if you dare to call Art to this thing. Anyway, I'm not criticizing no one's religion, even thought I'd have a bunch of things to say if I wanted to.
The photo shows a catholic church which was inaugurated last May 1st in my town, Alverca. (the red lines are mine, to help you to understand what I mean) It is a huge thing, unmatching the landscape, and its bells are so loud that my ears are nearly exploding when it rings twelve o'clock - fortunately it stops ringing at night... LoL. Can you see that black grid at the tower? It's where the bells are. The sound goes against the front buildings (who are actually of the size of the tower) and it resounds... As my apartment is in the middle of the whole confusion, I listen to both, the sound itself and the echo. ARGH! I'm going crazy! As it wasn't enough the sound of the planes passing by in their way to Lisbon. And I'm not complaining... I'M NOT, REALLY! You don't know what "complaint" means! :P
Anyway, I bet you are reading this because you want to know the justification for this post title. I guess you have found it in the photo, but I must explain myself... :P So, in my tremendous hate for this beautiful example of what modern artwork must not be, I have discovered that, from a certain angle, the tower and the church's buildings actually look like two balls and a dick. As simply as this. The architect, who actually was a woman, couldn't possibly have missed this point (unless she has lack of artistic vision, as my father says, LoL). So, what are they trying to tell? That the church is masculin? That their god's thing has to be pointing to the sky, and not to the hell? That Mother Earth does not have her role in this whole religion thing? That God is a woman? OR... That God is homossexual? He might be, as they're turning a penis to him... LoL

1 comentário:

THE BIG PUSHER disse...

hehehe...pure thoughts...keep on writing!
:-)